Maeve Automation has entered into a strategic alliance with Parallel Domain to explore simulation techniques for the development and testing of mobile navigation systems. The capabilities they have for procedural generation are pretty exciting and we are working on using them to demonstrate some of the capabilities of the Maeve navigation stack. Some preliminary results and a small test data set are included here in Release 6:
The sixth release includes updates to many existing packages, and introduces an ISP field controller designed for use with image segmentations, a data_processing stack for working with segmentation data sets, and a small demonstration data set. Major changes and updates are described below.
Image Segmentation Datasets
Image segmentation datasets include camera image sequences and segmentation image sequences. Each frame in the segmentation sequence defines a per-pixel labeling of the corresponding camera frame.
This release includes a small, low resolution proof-of-concept s01 data set.
s01: low-res short fly-through
- 90 frame, low resolution fly through of an empty street with some infrastructure and lightly populated environment
- Ground truth, per-pixel semantic segmentation
- 768x432 resolution
- Includes raw data and rosbag versions
- Courtesy Parallel Domain
- Released under CC BY 4.0 license
New & Updated Packages
These packages contain new or updated functionality for the Maeve navigation stack.
- Added factory methods for constructing default initialized ISP fields.
- Added macro for loading parameters into variables with arbitrary names
- Generates a bag file from an image segmentation dataset
- Provides YAML specification for defining data set taxonomies
- Implements C++ YAML taxonomy loader to enable programmatic access to semantic labels
- Consumes image segmentations and generates control commands using an ISP field controller
- Implements preliminary version of controller outlined in Maeve TR-1
- Includes RViz config and launch file
- Sample visualization below: